Last modified: April 1, 2021
Wild Elements Foundation ("WE Foundation", "We", “Us”, “Our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
WE Foundation has created this policy in order to describe the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.wildelementsfoundation.org (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
· On our Website.
· In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our Website.
· Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Website.
· When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
· If you register for WE Foundation advocacy network.
· If you register for any WE Foundation events.
· If you apply for a grant and/or work with WE Foundation in connection with grant proposals.
· If you apply for a job Posted (as defined below) on our Website.
· If you suspect and wish to report any improper conduct to us.
· If you purchase WE Foundation materials.
· If you purchase WE Foundation products.
· If you use features on our Website to donate to WE Foundation or to a third-party charity/nonprofit organization.
It does not apply to information collected by:
· WE Foundation offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by WE Foundation or any third party(including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
· Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Website.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Website or through any of its features, register on our Website, make any purchases through our Website, make any donations through our Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will immediately take steps to delete that information without notice. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
California residents, including those under 16 years of age, may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please see Your California Privacy Rights] for more information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
· By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, payment information, and any other information which identifies you personally by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
· That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as format preference (HTML vs. Text), interests and similar information; and/or
· About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· Automatically as you navigate through our Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through Tracking Technologies (defined herein).
· From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
· Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, Posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders (i.e. you may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website).
· Your search queries on our Website.
When Making a Donation
WE Foundation does not share or sell its lists of contacts gathered online or lists of donors who have given online or offline with other organizations, except, in certain instances, with WE Foundation’s affiliated organization, the WE Foundation Action Fund, and third-party vendors as described above.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "Post"/"Posted"/"Posting") on public areas of our Website or transmitted to other users of our Website or to third-parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are Posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. User Contributions may include the following:
• Social Login: If we offer you the ability to register and login using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins) and you choose to do so, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public on such social media platform. We will use the information we receive only for the purposes that are described in this policy or that are otherwise made clear to you on our Website. Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media provider. We recommend that you review their privacy notice to understand how they collect, use and share your personal information, and how you can set your privacy preferences on their websites and apps.
• Tell-A-Friend: If you elect to utilize our referral service for informing a friend about our Website, we ask that you provide the friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send the friend a one-time email which will include your email address, inviting her or him to visit our Website. We will not store this information beyond the time it takes to send this one-time email.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website.
· Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across our other websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). If you do not want us to track such activities, you can opt-out of behavioral tracking by using the preferences banner that appears on your first visit to the Website or by emailing WE Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies ("Tracking Technologies") we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit WE Foundation, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Some content or applications, including advertisements, on our Website are served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers, and application providers. These third parties may use Tracking Technologies to collect information about you when you use our Website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' Tracking Technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
· To present our Website and its contents to you.
· To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
· To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
· To provide you with membership services including to provide notices about and to fulfill your requests regarding your account and/or subscription, including with respect to expiration and renewal and donation processing, or to send you information about a project.
· To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
· To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
· To contact you regarding WE Foundation and issues and activities likely of interest to you.
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
· For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please uncheck the relevant box(es) located on the pop-up box form when you are prompted about cookies on our Website. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may use the information we have collected to send you materials by U.S. Postal Service mail when it thinks they may be of interest you. However, if you do not wish to receive materials by U.S. mail, you can let WE Foundation know by emailing email@example.com.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this policy:
· To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
· To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
· To third parties to improve, enhance, fix or market their products or services to you.
· To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to and/or not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of WE Foundation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Special Privacy Terms for Event Participants
• If you register to participate in a WE Foundation event, we will ask you to provide your name, email address, company/organization, professional title, email address, phone number, emergency contact name and phone number, and any dietary or disability-based accommodation needs. In addition, if you participate as a presenter, panelist, or facilitator at the event, we may collect your photograph, bio and presentation materials. We may also collect feedback and evaluations about you as a presenter, panelist, or facilitator.
• For some large events, we may provide the option to download a mobile app for participant communication and information sharing. When you download the app, the app store may require the device identifier associated with your device, but neither we nor our mobile app provider will collect any personal data through the mobile app.
• For some events and participants, we may offer to book travel/hotel, arrange ground transportation, and/or reimburse certain out-of-pocket expenses. If so, we may ask you to provide your full name, gender, date of birth, home airport, airline and seat preference, frequent flyer number, global entry number, special meal needs, hotel preference, and any other travel-related needs. If booking international travel, we may ask you to provide your passport number, passport expiration date, and passport country of issuance. If arranging ground transportation, we may ask you to provide your flight arrival/departure information and mobile phone number. If reimbursing expenses, we may ask you to provide bank account number and other personal data required to transfer funds to you.
• We may take photos and record audio and/or video in public areas of our events. If so, we may make and store photographs containing your likeness and recordings of your voice and likeness. We may associate your image and the sound of your voice with your name if you are identified during the recording or identify yourself by name.
How We Use Additional Data Obtained from Event Participants
HOW WE USE ADDITIONAL DATA OBTAINED FROM EVENT PARTICIPANTS
• We may use this information to register you to attend the event; send email to you to confirm your registration and provide you with updates regarding the event; print your physical badge at the event; track and administer dietary and physical accommodation requests; review and potentially share your photo, materials, and other information you have authorized us to share with other event participants; send you reports, materials, and updates; contact you about future events; review and respond to feedback, comments, photos, videos, or other information you submit via registration forms or post-event surveys; administer, safeguard, and improve our event operations.
• We may use, edit, copy, exhibit, publish, Post, or distribute photos and audio or video recording for any charitable purpose relating to the event itself or WE Foundation events in general.
• We may use this information to assist you with travel/hotel bookings, arrange ground transportation, and reimburse certain out-of-pocket expenses.
WHEN WE SHARE ADDITIONAL DATA OBTAINED FROM EVENT PARTICIPANTS
• We may use a third party to manage our online registration and mobile app, if applicable. We may share your personal data with them (or alternative service provider), other service providers, and event partners as needed to provide you with information and services associated with the event.
• Unless otherwise stated on a registration website, we may use a third party to manage travel/hotel bookings. If we book your travel/hotel, we may share your personal data with them (or alternative service provider) to arrange travel/hotel accommodations.
• If we are booking travel/hotel or arranging ground transportation for you, we or our service providers may share your personal data with airlines, hotels, and ground transportation companies for that purpose. When we do, neither we nor our service providers will have direct control over that personal data, and the airline, hotel, or ground transportation company may use your personal data in accordance with its privacy policies.
• We may use a third party to process a request by you for reimbursement of expenses.
Special Privacy Terms for Grant Program Participants
• You may provide us with various pieces of information when we work with you to develop a grant proposal, in the process of funding your grant, and in the process of administering the grant.
HOW WE USE THIS ADDITIONAL DATA
• We may use this additional information in order to make decisions about approving and funding grants.
WHEN WE SHARE THIS ADDITIONAL DATA
• We may share this additional information with third parties who assist us in the grant-making process.
Special Privacy Terms for Job Applicants
• When you participate in WE Foundation job application process, we will ask you to provide personal data such as: your name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number; your resume/CV, work experience, educational history, and skills; links to any relevant third-party websites or your LinkedIn profile; whether you are legally authorized to work in the country in which the position is located; whether you will require sponsorship to obtain legal authorization; whether you are 18 years or older; and whether you are currently working for a grantee of ours. In addition, we will ask you to voluntarily provide information regarding your gender, veteran status, ethnicity, and disability status. This information, or your decision not to provide this information, will not impact your application in any way. Before uploading a resume, please remove any sensitive personal data such as government-issued ID numbers, financial information, photos, dates of birth, etc. We do not need or want that data in a resume.
• To support our diversity efforts in our hiring practices, we ask applicants to provide sensitive information regarding their gender, veteran status, and ethnicity. If you choose to provide this information, we will keep it separate from your application and use it solely for the purpose of monitoring, informing, and reporting on our diversity efforts.
HOW WE USE THIS ADDITIONAL DATA
• We may use personal data we collect in to: identify and contact applicants; evaluate applicants and make hiring decisions; prepare applicants for employment if a job has been offered and accepted; keep records related to our hiring practices; for our legitimate interests and/or to comply with legal obligations; to comply with applicable employment-related laws such as checking names against anti-terrorism lists, complying with immigration restrictions, or assisting the government in an investigation. If you are hired as a WE Foundation employee, this information may be used for additional employment and business purposes subject to any internal privacy policies and notices.
WHEN WE SHARE THIS ADDITIONAL DATA
• We may share your personal data with recruiters, and other third parties that assist us with recruiting, application, and employment processes and our affiliates and other third parties with whom you might work if you are offered and accept the job.
Special Privacy Terms If You Suspect Improper Conduct
This section describes how we collect, use, share, and retain additional personal data when you report possible illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. In some countries, regulations limit how a service may be used to report concerns. For example, local laws may: limit the topic of concern to certain areas of compliance such as anti-bribery, auditing and accounting, banking, and financial matters; prohibit anonymous reporting; or disallow reports concerning WE Foundation personnel except employees in key or management functions.
WHAT ADDITIONAL DATA WE COLLECT
· When reporting improper conduct, unless you choose to report anonymously, we may ask you to provide personal data such as your name and contact information (e.g., phone number and/or email address). We will ask you to provide a description of the conduct reported, which also may include personal information about you.
· The information you submit will be treated confidentially, except where legal requirements require other treatment, but in all cases, will be handled with sensitivity. We encourage you to identify yourself (in lieu of reporting anonymously) so we can follow up with you about any questions we may have and so we may best address the issues raised.
· When reporting improper conduct, we may ask you to provide the name and contact information of the persons in your report. We will ask you to provide a description of the conduct reported, which also may include personal information about the persons in your report.
· As the information you report may result in decisions adverse to others, we ask that you carefully consider the information in advance and report only what you believe to be true. WE Foundation does not retaliate for the good-faith reporting of ethical or compliance issues even if they may later be determined to be factually incorrect. Knowingly providing false or misleading information, however, will not be tolerated.
HOW WE USE THIS ADDITIONAL DATA
· We may use personal data we collect in this context to: contact you (unless you have asked to remain anonymous); conduct an investigation; ensure WE Foundation grantees and vendors meet their contractual and legal obligations; keep records related to WE Foundation organizational practices; and comply with applicable laws.
· We may share your personal data with WE Foundation employees, representatives, agents, external legal counsel, and contractors who have a need to know the information in order to conduct an investigation or respond to claims relating to the reported conduct. We also may share your personal data with law enforcement if required by applicable law.
· We will promptly notify any person who is the subject of a report, except where notice needs to be delayed to help ensure the integrity of the investigation or the preservation of relevant information. With some exceptions, the subject of the report may access information concerning the report, but not the identity of the reporter, and may in certain cases request correction of personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete in accordance with applicable law.
HOW LONG WE KEEP ADDITIONAL DATA FOR THE ABOVE SPECIAL PRIVACY TERMS
• We keep this additional data for as long as it takes to fulfill the purposes for which this additional data was collected or for as long as necessary to fulfill our legal requirements and/or obligations.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND CONTROL THIS ADDITIONAL DATA FOR THE ABOVE SPECIAL PRIVACY TERMS
· If you wish to correct, amend or delete your personal data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that neither changes to, or deletion of, such personal data will alter personal data already relied upon or no longer in WE Foundation control.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to WE Foundation. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
· Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by using the preferences banner that appears on your first visit to the Website or by emailing WE Foundation at email@example.com.
· Promotional Offers from the WE Foundation. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by WE Foundation to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link in the footer of our emails or by sending us an email stating your request to opt-out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to WE Foundation as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
· Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by using the preferences banner that appears on your first visit to the Website or by emailing WE Foundation at email@example.com.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit the CCPA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS here.
WE Foundation seeks to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal information within our organization. Although WE Foundation has implemented organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. WE Foundation urges you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Website, like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Website.
Again, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although WE Foundation does its best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted on or through our Website. You acknowledge and agree that any transmission of personal and/or financial information on or through our Website is at your own risk.
IMPORTANT NOTICES TO NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
Or by writing to us at:
Wild Elements Foundation
1000 Louisiana Street, Suite 7000
Houston, TX 77002
Attention: Customer Service Associate
You have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with your data protection authority (i.e., in the country where you reside). To exercise any of these rights that you are not able to do directly, please contact us here: email@example.com and WE Foundation will attempt to assist you.